Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And so it begins...

Hello to anyone that is reading.  If anyone ever reads this blog.  Well, just in case someone stumbles across the blog, I want to give you a glimpse of who I am.  I think the best way to really get to know me is in a bulleted format.  Easy on the eyes, quick and concise.  So, without further ado:
  • I am a worrier, always striving for perfection, but as the title states, perfection somehow seems to allude me.  I like to have my day, and frankly my life, planned out in neat little bullet points.  And then when something even slightly out of the ordinary happens, I have minor, make that MAJOR freak outs. 
  • I love tv.  LOVE IT!  I always want it on, even just for background noise.  TV makes me happy.  I once took a quiz in middle school about how much tv I watched, and my results were typical of an obese person.  In case you were wondering, I am definitely not obese.  Obsessed with television?  Now that I am.
  • Shopping makes me so happy.  I love clothes!  Dresses are my favorite.  For some reason, I never caught on to the whole shoe craze though.  I don’t quite understand why girls are obsessed with shoes.  They usually just give me blisters anyway.
  • I have an odd relationship with food.  Every meal, I get an intense craving, and then I need to eat  exactly what I have been craving.  I’m not kidding.  I have shed many a tear because I wanted Chinese and my dad only wanted Taco Mac.  He always wants Taco Mac.  I am not proud of these meltdowns, and I wish they did not exist, but somehow they always make an appearance.  Also, my favorite food is soup.  Yes, soup.  I don’t have a specific favorite, but I especially enjoy the cream-based ones.  Clam chowder, baked potato and cheese, broccoli cheese.  You get the idea.
  • Reading is a passion of mine.  Harry Potter is, and probably always will be, my favorite books.  I have read each one about four times, give or take.  If I was given the chance to move to Hogwarts today, I’d take it without any hesitation.  I just really, really want to drink the butterbeer.  I just know it would be delicious!
  • I love the French language and culture.  French is one of my majors, the other being Public Relations (that is, if I get into UGA’s PR Program).  Not a day goes by that I don’t dream of traveling to France.  It is one of my lifelong goals, along with being in the stands at a World Cup Soccer game (I have played soccer my whole life), attending a Justin Timberlake concert (judge me, I don’t care), and attending a Celine Dion concert (Titanic is my favorite movie; “My Heart Will Go On” changed me forever).
  • Oh, and I have pretty amazing friends, family, and loved ones.  You will most likely hear about them in upcoming posts!

3 comments:

  1. jamie you are so cute. i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jamie, i thoroughly enjoyed that. well done. i never realized how much we have in common, same majors, same favorite books, same obsession with tv. i dont have the shopping thing though... probably never gonna happen either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Especially the bit about Harry Potter. And cream-based soups. =]

    ReplyDelete