Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dodging a bullet


Today, I dodged a bullet.  You see, I am lactose intolerant, and today I ran out of my lactaid pills. (No. lactaid pills are not for women who are lactating, as a few girls in my sorority have asked me.  They help people who have trouble digesting milk.)  I will spare you, my lovely followers, from the gritty details of my endless stomach issues, but let's just say that taking the lactaid pills significantly help my well-being!  

I was craving some of my left-over Dairy Queen Birthday cake (which is my absolute favorite cake of all time!!!), but I could not decide whether or not eating the ice cream cake sans pills would be worth my certain stomach malaise.  After constantly thinking about the cake through two rather boring classes, I rushed to the drug store and purchased the expensive meds.  And then I could eat my cake!  I know, mind-blowing stuff just know.  It was definitely earth shattering in my world, at lease!

So my 20th birthday was on Monday, and it was such a great birthday!  I went home the weekend right before and had a massage, went to Six Flags, and had a wonderful dinner with the fam and Nature Boy.  On Monday, twelve of my friends and I went to Speakeasy, an adorable Athens restaurant.  The dinner could not have gone better and the food could not have been more delicious!  It was really nice to have all my friends from all the different groups in one place.  And don't get me started on the spinach dip!!

To close this wonderful post, I would like to give a shout out to Nature Boy for the unbelievable gift he gave me!  You see, I am a label girl; I just don't have the means to afford most of it.  Well, the lovely bf went above and beyond what he should have and gave me a Coach satchel.  I have been secretly eyeing this purse for I don't know how long, and somehow he knew!  Merci beaucoup!

No comments:

Post a Comment